After listening to episode 004 of elise gets crafty, I really wanted to try out the idea of a creative field trip. Staying home all all the time can get so boring and I need to get out of the house more often. Once I get into a creative funk, its really hard for me to get out of it.
I picked a Friday when the weather was perfect and drove down to Garden of the Gods with my camera and a notebook. I knew a creative field trip would have to include going to Garden of the Gods, because really there is no better place around here to find inspiration.
May just flew by, but I have a feeling that June is going to be even busier. Life around here is going to be pretty crazy this month as we work on getting moved into our house.
My goals for June:
1. Finally finish our patio set! We only worked on this a little bit in May and I really want to finish it and move it over to our house so we can start using it.
2. Move into our house. We have a few projects we’re working on and need to finish before we start moving.
3. Find a balance between house projects/ moving and enjoying our first summer in Colorado.
hoping… the weather warms up fast from last weekends snow storm
feeling… excited to move into our house
trying… to wake up earlier and get more done each day
recovering…from an awesome visit
reading… The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society and Die Empty
planning… lots and lots of projects for our home, for the blog, for my etsy shop
cooking… dinners that don’t involve the oven, lots of stove top and crock pot recipes
designing… business cards and new products
finding… inspiration from creative field trips
discovering… how much I love canning
With the weather warming up, I’ve been thinking about what hikes I want to do this summer. I put together a list of 10 hikes from around the Colorado Springs area and my goal is to do all of them this summer. The last two on the list we’ve already done but are definitely worth hiking again.
Hopefully the snow is finally gone till fall and we can start working our way through this list.
Seven Bridges Trail
St. Mary’s Falls
Waldo Canyon Loop
Dome Rock Loop– Only open from July 16- Nov 30
Pancake Rocks– We did this hike last October and the views were amazing with the fall foliage.
The Crags– Easy hike/ fun with great views at the top. Perfect hike to do with visitors because its pretty easy but has lots of great Colorado scenery.
What’s been happening the past few months? We bought a house! We aren’t moving in for a little while, but expect to see lots of projects on here for our new home.
The past couple weeks I’ve been finding my groove again. My craft room has been a constant mess (which means creativity is flowing!). I’ve been working furiously on projects to share over the next month. I’m excited and ready for May.
Personal goals for May:
1. Completely finish the patio set we are building. Right now we have the table ready for staining and still have to build two benches and possibly two chairs.
2. Prep our townhouse for the move. This means going through all of our stuff and getting rid of anything we don’t love anymore. I’ll tackle one area of the house at a time and reorganize as I go.
3. Focus on healthy habits. Including regular exercise and eating healthy. I need to make meal planning a priority because its so much easier to stay on track when I have a plan. (especially for breakfast, lunch and snacks)
Happy February!! I’ve been pretty busy the last couple weeks. We flew out to Seattle to visit my sister and her kids. Our flight got cancelled due to snow on our trip back. We were almost home and they closed the Colorado Springs airport, so our plane got sent allllllll the way back to Seattle. We got a hotel and flew out the next day, but still such a hassle.
It’s been pretty snowy here the past couple of days. This month I am determined to stay active despite the weather and I am going to do a push up challenge. I’m starting with the easy version and then if it goes well I’ll try the regular version in march. It starts off with only doing 3 push ups and ends with 20, which seems totally doable.
I love the start of a new month! It feels like a clean slate and I get to set new goals.
I’ve been keeping busy sewing up a storm around here. This week I worked on the cupcake apron and keychain wristlets. One night this week we made creamy tomato mushroom pasta for dinner. Pat went skiing yesterday for the first time in a couple years and last night I went bowling with a few girls! Fun weekend.
Here’s a few of my favorite recipes and posts from around the web:
BBQ BLT Pizza (iowa girl eats)- YUMM this pizza looks so good!
Take Out- Fake out Crispy Beef (table for two)
4 Ideas For Overnight Oatmeal (a beautiful mess)- I have never tried overnight oatmeal but these recipes look really good!
Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili (what’s gaby cooking)
“oh that didn’t pan out” (eliseblahacripe)-LOVED this post, especially since one of my projects this week was a flop! I’m going to try again though.
enjoying a fresh start to the New Year
reading Grow Your Handmade Business
drinking fruity green and white teas I got for Christmas
playing with my new Silhouette Cameo
sewing products for my Etsy shop
looking for healthy and easy recipes
working on finishing Christmas thank you cards
trying to stay on track with Project Life
I spent the last couple days finishing up these infinity scarves and will be listing them in my etsy shop soon!
Here’s a few of my favorite recipes and posts from around the web:
Top 35 Healthy Recipes for the New Year (eat live run)
31 Healthy Recipes to Start 2014 Right! (two peas and their pod)
Black Bean Soup with Roasted Chiles and Tomatoes (good life eats)- I’ve been looking for soup recipes for lunch and this looks like a good one.
A BEAUTIFUL MESS BOOK CLUB: JANUARY SELECTION (a beautiful mess)- One of my goals for the year was to read more and this book club looks like such a fun idea! I already put January’s book on hold at the library.
Brain Power Smoothie (Blueberry Avocado Smoothie) (gimme some oven)- I want to start making smoothies for breakfast. Hopefully, I can get my act together and try this recipe!
Happy 2014! I am excited to get started and make the most out of this year. I’m still working on finalizing my goals for this year, but here is where i’m headed:
– maintain a healthy lifestyle: regular exercise and healthy food choices
– push myself to try something new each month
– read more books, at least 2 a month.
– go on regular date nights with my husband, once a month.
– buy a house!!! Yep, this is a pretty big goal for 2014. We are going to buy a house!
– explore Colorado, we just moved here in September and there is SO much more to explore.
– continue to grow and develop my Etsy shop. I’m not exactly sure where this is headed in 2014, but can’t wait to find out!
This year I am picking a one little word as a guide and inspiration for the year. My word for 2014 is FOCUS. I want to make to most of this year and I’m hoping focus with help me stay on task and accomplish my goals this year. I am participating in Ali Edwards One Little Word workshop and will be sharing the monthly prompts.