May just flew by, but I have a feeling that June is going to be even busier. Life around here is going to be pretty crazy this month as we work on getting moved into our house.
My goals for June:
1. Finally finish our patio set! We only worked on this a little bit in May and I really want to finish it and move it over to our house so we can start using it.
2. Move into our house. We have a few projects we’re working on and need to finish before we start moving.
3. Find a balance between house projects/ moving and enjoying our first summer in Colorado.
What’s been happening the past few months? We bought a house! We aren’t moving in for a little while, but expect to see lots of projects on here for our new home.
The past couple weeks I’ve been finding my groove again. My craft room has been a constant mess (which means creativity is flowing!). I’ve been working furiously on projects to share over the next month. I’m excited and ready for May.
Personal goals for May:
1. Completely finish the patio set we are building. Right now we have the table ready for staining and still have to build two benches and possibly two chairs.
2. Prep our townhouse for the move. This means going through all of our stuff and getting rid of anything we don’t love anymore. I’ll tackle one area of the house at a time and reorganize as I go.
3. Focus on healthy habits. Including regular exercise and eating healthy. I need to make meal planning a priority because its so much easier to stay on track when I have a plan. (especially for breakfast, lunch and snacks)
I’ve been thinking a lot about this over past week, as I try to set specific goals for the year. This year is a first for me, I get to choose how I spend my time, all 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We moved from Virginia to Colorado in September and I went from working full time with a long commute to being a stay at home wife. In December I opened my Etsy shop. It was sort of an impulse decision at the time but now I’m so glad I took the plunge. I want to make the most of this year by setting goals to keep me focused. But where do I start?!? I have bigger goals for this year than ever before and not sure how to get them down on paper, let alone start working on them.
Yesterday, I was so inspired by this post about being brave and choosing to act and accomplish over watching and wishing. I hadn’t thought about being brave with goal setting before and it makes me rethink how I set my goals.
This is another great post on goal setting. I read it again yesterday and its a great reminder to get through routine tasks like keeping my house clean and laundry to make more time for more meaningful tasks.
I am also reading Grow your Handmade Business right now and it has a great section on setting goals. The author explains the idea that intentions + goals = success.
Be Brave + Focus: This is going to be my inspiration as work on setting specific goals and outlining a plan to achieve them over the next few days.